We’re always delighted to have more members so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you are UK Space Science and Engineering teaching staff. We launched in May 2017 with more than 40 members from 23 organisations.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask to become part of the Space Universities Network
Here are some of the benefits of joining SUN.
Together, we can:
- Share teaching ideas (providing new ideas, broadening topics covered and enriching curriculum)
- Opportunities for networking and collaboration in teaching and research
- Liaise with industry on graduate requirements to meet the increasing demand for professional scientists and engineers, and to promote subsequent career development.
- Provide access to resources: facilities, equipment and specialist expertise
- Encourage increased reflection in space education practice and material
- Provide a coherent approach to research and trialing new pedagogical methods across multiple
- institutes and a wider student base (and consequent publication output)
- Provide assistance in fulfilling obligations for TEF (quality of teaching, accreditation, HEA fellowship applications)
- Provide awareness of space degrees and space employment market, with commensurate increase in student numbers
- Influence development of a national higher education policy on the teaching of space science and engineering to produce graduates prepared for tomorrow’s industry and research.
The Space Universities Network is able to operate thanks to grants from organisations supportive of education in the UK space sector, and any revenue goes straight back into the network.
There are several ways in which organisations can further strengthen the work of SUN, ranging from direct financial support to offering guest lectures on the database. SUN funders and supporters are fully credited and working collaboratively with us can allow supporting organisations to contribute to improving space education in the UK.
If you would like to discuss how your organisation could support or work with SUN in any way then please contact us.